Saturday, August 2, 2008

Brandon turned 30 and the Princess and the Potty.

July was another hot, busy month. On July 18th, Brandon Matthew Blake turned 30 years old! He might finally gain some respect in the business world:) We had a lunch birthday party for him at a pizza joint. The girls got him a Bat Man birthday cake. It had eleven Bat Man rings on it. The girls couldn't wait for him to let them have the rings. Pam and Skip watched the girls that night while we headed to Dallas.

So we went to stay at the Crescent for the night. We had stayed there once before and were afraid to use the robes. We thought that if we used them we would be charged. The last time we stayed there, there were water bottles that said if you took them, you would be charged $5. We didn't drink them. So it was funny when we arrived at the Crescent on July 18th, the lady asked if we were celebrating anything and I told her, "Yes my husband's birthday and our 5 year anniversary", so she upgrades us to a two room/two bathroom suite. (Our fifth anniversary was July 19th). As we are waiting for our room key, another lady has a folder in her hand with the name JERRY SEINFELD and a room number. I nudged Brandon and said, "Look at that folder!" The lady quickly turned the folder over and smiled. When we got to our room, we were so overwhelmed! It had 5 balconies! Plus there were 6 FREE water bottles:) There was a list of events going on in Dallas for the weekend, and sure enough, the Jerry Seinfeld was playing that night. So we definitely used the robes this time along with the slippers, drank the free waters, used the spa products in the bathroom, enjoyed the chocolate molten cakes with Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary written on them, and ate the huge breakfast delivered by room service for free! And we paid the cheapest room rate! We felt like Kings! The next morning at check out, we saw Jessica Seinfeld!








The whole reason we chose the Crescent Hotel was because my dad had given us a gift card to The Capital Grille. It was delicious!





Camille in her dress that my mom bartered for at Hobby Lobby. It was one of the display dresses in the fabric section.


Olivia.


Lauren came to stay with us for the week for VBS. Here we are eating at Kincaids with some friends.


Presley and Camille in their VBS shirts. Olivia REFUSED to wear it cause it was "brown".


Olivia and our beautiful cousin Kennedy.


After VBS was over, we met my mother in Abilene to give Lauren back:( and they convinced us to let Camille go home with them for a few days. So we had Olivia for the first time by herself. We missed Camille, but knew that she was having fun. So Cassidee came over for a "playdate" with just Olivia. They had so much fun playing tea party and doll house. The picture above is Olivia holding Cassidee in her princess dress that she wears everyday.




After church Wednesday, we turned around in the car to see that Olivia had taken off her carseat straps and pulled her shirt up over her head. Pretty funny.



The beginning of July sparked an interest in Olivia with the potty. She watches Camille use it, so why not her? I personally wasn't ready to do this, but I didn't want to hold her back. She has done very well and is wearing panties all day, even at school. She dosn't like to wear panties that don't have princesses on them, and when she toots, she says she is making "bubbles". Sorry! So that is the end of diapers for the Blakes. It was a fun run Pampers, but I am glad not to buy you any more! Ever!










































12 comments:

Melanie said...

What a fabulous night for you and Brandon!! The girls are adorable...as always!

Bunch of Oranges said...

Tell Brandon the robe on the blog is a little much for us to view! :) Ha! Hilarious! You tell me Potty Princess that I am going to buy her all the princess panties she wants and I love that she didn't want to wear her BROWN tshirt! Let's all be honest, I UNDERSTAND! :) Love to my Blakes!

Noe Family said...

Glad you finally updated! What a fantastic July. I'm jealous of your hotel night, living like royalty!! And Hayden doesn't want princess panties but my grandmother did buy him princess pull-ups! Hey, just shows how confident he is! Yea for Vivi and Hayden!! xoxo

the campbell family said...

happy birthday to brandon and happy anniverary to both of you. yay to olivia too, what a big girl! and who wouldn't want princess panties? can't blame her on the shirt issue either, she's got great taste!
i'm super excited to be teaching with you, it's going to be a lot of fun!

Shara Smith said...

So much to say about this post. Brandon in his robe, NICE! You in your green dress, BEAUTIFUL. Brandon's Batman cake, HILARIOUS. Olivia not wanting to wear brown, hmm...she needs to be with me more so she can come to her senses! Ha! Always a good day when I get to see new pictures of your sweet family though! Love you guys.

Cara said...

Happy Birthday to Brandon! I can't wait until we are diaper free!!!

The Keltners said...

Happy anniversary...I am so glad you got to enjoy the bathrobes!!

The Davis Daily said...

Hi Kim, your girls are adorable. Tell Brandon happy 30th b-day.
Love Hayley

Jill said...

No more Pampers...ever??? Are you sure about that???? You seriously have the cutest family. As I read and look at your pictures my imagination goes wild because I can just imagine the looks on yours and Brandon's faces as your girls say and do hilarious things. You guys must have such a blast! I picture you guys laughing, A LOT!

Kimberly said...

Blake- hot stuff in the green dress. Will you come over here and train my potty princess? I'm not so good at it. Yay for Birthdays, Babies, Anniversaries & the Blakes!

Love you!

*Kendra* said...

Love all the pictures. Love your girls. Love that they are friends with C. Love your dress. Love that Brandon was man enough to get a pic in the robe! Love yall!

Jill said...

Sorry I don't have your email, that's why I'm writing you back on here... Jeremy will be Border Patrol, Canadian border, that's why we're moving. I was going to move up there like 3 weeks after the baby comes, but as of this week, I have almost decided to go ahead and move up there in Sept. before baby. So, I'll keep you posted. My email is jill.hale26@yahoo.com what's yours???